Friday, April 12, 2013

Summerland

Elin Hilderbrand wrote Summerland, a novel about the lives of people who live on Nantucket Island.  A car accident ends the life of a promising high school student.  Her brother is hurt badly and the other two passengers are physically fine but emotionally ruined.  The story proceeds to detail how people cope or do not cope with the tragedy.  The writing is light - almost chick-lit.  I listened to it on compact disc and it helped me pass the time as I drove back on forth on Highway 10 to work.  The best part is the book distracted me from the terribly long winter we're having so I have to give it credit for that.  I wouldn't go so far as to say this was a good book though.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...