Thursday, February 13, 2014

Raven Black

My book club read Raven Black by Ann Cleeves this month.  It's a mystery novel.  I didn't get a chance to read the entire book because my Amazon order took so long to get here.  I read enough to know the author does a good job at character development and at setting the scene (a small island north of Scotland).  And she had plenty of time to work on that because mysteries have no plots.  In mysteries someone is killed in the beginning of the book and the reader tries to read the clues and guess who committed the murder. Please, spare me.  I read the first eight chapters, skipped to the last chapter, read that, and went back to the ninth chapter.  I just don't appreciate the mind games of mystery writers.  So despite the fact that I liked the setting and the fact that one of the characters was a bird loving naturalist, this book is not one of my favorites.  I'm not even going to bother finishing it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...