Friday, February 7, 2014

The Secret

Reading The Secret by Beverly Lewis was like wearing a woolen mitten that had unraveled leaving strings of itchy yarn dangling all over the place.  The stories of Grace Bylar, an Amish teen and Heather, an non-Amish teen never intersect except once when Grace sees Heather running down the road.  They never even meet each other!  I understand now that this is what they call Christian fiction.  Even still, loose ends in a story need to be cleared up.  I also understand that this is the first in a series about Grace.  Whatever.  Even in a series a book should be able to be a stand alone piece of literature.  I'm not going to bother finishing this series.  And now that this Amish book is done hopefully I will quit dreaming about horses.  I'm glad I have a Fanny Farmer book to wash the woolly taste of this one out of my head.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...