Thursday, February 20, 2014

Warm Thoughts

Tonight as I was shoveling the driveway (AGAIN!) I had a thought that warmed me up a little.  I got an email from the DNR asking if I wanted to participate in the frog and toad survey near Kroschel, MN again this year.  If we didn't want the route they would give it to someone else.  Last year they had more frog and toad volunteers than ever.  So we responded that we did want to do our frog and toad survey again.  It's hard to believe that frog and toad survey time is anytime near, given this winter and a half.  Being asked about it makes me think spring is nigh.  I look forward to those nights in Kannebec county where the mosquitoes buzz, woodcocks cluck, frogs croak, and fireflies light up the night sky.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...