Saturday, August 13, 2016

Things Roman

On Thursday I left my home about 11 a.m. for a trip to Sicily; not without problems.  The flight from Minneapolis was scheduled to leave about 5:30 p.m.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Hydraulic leak problems.  I guess it is better to know before we leave that the plane has hydraulic leak problems.  We sat on that plane for over an hour and I was about a third of the way through the latest Jungle Book movie when we were asked to disembark and move to another gate.  We all trudged down to the new gate where there was no plane.  "Did my luggage make it?" I asked myself as I waited for the second plane to arrive.  We left about 9 p.m. and made it to Rome at what time I do not know.  They don't have a lot of clocks in the airport in Rome.  Somehow, I looked for round clocks with Roman numerals.  Is that so crazy?  This is Rome.  If any airport uses Roman numerals this would be the one.  I couldn't find any clocks.  I had no idea where to go because I missed my flight to Sicily.  I went to information. She sent me to Alitalia airlines.  When I got there, and after standing in line for a full hour, she asked me why I came here.  But she helped me out and told me to stand in the Alitalia ticket line.   I said "Grazie.  Mucho Grazie" which was a terrible mix of languages but I hope she understood I was grateful.  I stood there for another hour feeling my ankles swelling and wondering where my red suitcase was.  I got on a flight for Sicily and landed safely in Catania.  I went to the luggage carousel and surprise, surprise, no red suitcase.  I anticpated problems and packed an extra pair of underwear, my tooth brush and tooth paste and my vitamins in my carry on bag.  Today we went back to the Catania airport. I waited in line for 30 minutes.  One person before me got their bag and the other one didn't.  My chances were 50/50. I got my bag!  Grazie!  Grazie! I am here.  My stuff is here.  All is well. PS The Jungle Book is totally worth renting.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...