Saturday, August 27, 2016

Trying New Things

On this trip to Italy I have tried new things.  I tried to speak Italian and sometimes I did okay and other times I sucked.  Once the bell hop at our hotel greeted me with, "Bon Jour!"  I asked why he spoke French to me and was told because I had said "Merci instead of Grazie."  I tried new drinks such as Marsala wine (fortified but not with vitamins but more booze instead), Aperol spritzer, Limoncello, an apertif that tasted like pistachio and another one that tasted like a Hershey squirt and goat milk.  I tried prickly pear cactus fruit, kumquats, a yard long zucchini gourd, endive, and cannolli.  Everything I've had to eat or drink so far has been good.  My Italian speaking skills are still at the point where I think the Italians would prefer I stick with English.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...