Sunday, May 21, 2017

Garlic Mustard

This morning I was driving home from the gym and noticed a new plant next to my driveway.  This is the same spot that a friend of mine said she found garlic mustard.  After parking I put my gloves on and pulled off a leaf of these green plants with white flowers.  It smelled delicious-like garlic mustard.  I know this is an invasive plant so I started pulling.  After all the rain we have had the plants pulled out easily.  I have tons of garlic mustard.  I pulled for an hour and filled up my garbage container.  My friend said garlic mustard must be trashed.  Composting isn't good enough she told me.  Whew!  There is an hour of hard work and I didn't get it all.  This is the same area that I have been fighting the buck thorn only to find it replaced by garlic mustard.  Golly. Sometimes the more you know about invasive species the less peace and tranquility you have in life.  My trash smells delicious but full of nasty garlic mustard.  The struggle is real.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...