Monday, May 15, 2017

Totes Adorbs

Babies are so sweet!  Semi-comatose little bundles of joy that I can carry around on my arm, nuzzle her little neck, and rub her little head (complete with a head of male pattern baldness hair) are so sweet I almost want one for my own. The way babies squeak and groan and yawn and sneeze is totes adorbs! I love the way she can stretch the entire body by drawing up her legs, sticking out her rump, and throwing her head back while straightening her arms.I saw a video of her older sister at the same age and it was like looking at twins. I hold this baby when she is crying and when she is sleeping and when she is awake. And then, when it is time to nurse and I want her to wake up completely so she doesn't fall asleep in the middle of her meal, I lay her on her stomach and support her head by my shoulder. As she wakes up she tries to lift her head up to suck on her fingers. Since she has little control of the neck muscles attached to her mighty head her noggin bounces up and down once, twice and three times.  She moves her mouth left and right in a desperate attempt to find something to suck on.  Once she is good and ready I give her to her mother.  I don't hold her when she is nursing. That would be weird. I tell her she is doing everything right. She ate, she slept, she eliminated. That is a perfect day.  "Keep up the good work," I tell her, "and do it again tomorrow."  Only 8 days old she has already surpassed her birth weight by half a pound.  What a sweetheart!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...