Thursday, May 25, 2017

Myths and Legends of All Nations Famous Stories from the Greek, German, English, Spanish, Scandinavian, Danish, French, Russian, Bohemian, Italian and other sources

I decided, that on my trip to Sicily, a 17 hour trip not including the time to and from the first and last airport, I decided to read Myths and Legends of All Nations Famous Stories from the Greek, German, English, Spanish, Scandinavian, Danish, French, Russian, Bohemian, Italian and other sources on my Kindle.  You know, it makes sense.  I traveled to the island where the one-eyed Cyclops was reported to live.  Such stories.  So many heroes.   Cyclops was a dangerous legend. He ate a person per day.  Wow.  My favorite was Jason.  Jason of the golden fleece and his gang the Argonauts was my favorite hero.  Jason different from the rest in that he was more inclined to peaceful outcomes. I read myths and legends from Italy, Greek, Norway, Britain, Germany, France, Russia, Croatia.  Maybe, in the future, when they write new myths and legends, Jason's name will be replaced by the name Barack.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...