Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Magical

Early this morning, around 6:30 I was washing dishes at a loved one's house and looking out the window.  She has a fountain with a statue of a little girl wearing a skirt and water pours out of her watering can.  As I wash scrambled egg off a white plate I see a male ruby throated hummingbird fly up and perch on edge of the fountain.  "Hello big fella," I say to the hummingbird through the closed window.  I watch as he moves under the stream of water.  I see a hummingbird take a shower.  I've seen hummingbirds fly and eat and perch and zoom and zig zag but until this moment I had never seen a hummingbird take a shower.  I ask, "You need a towel out there?"  The hummingbird ignores me and flies away.  What a magical moment I had today!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...