Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Language

While waiting for grandchild #2, grandchild #1 have spent a lot of time talking.  Gradually I am learning her language.  Some of what she says is very clear. She can say Ikea very clearly.  She said Ikea so many times I told her she could do an advertisement for Ikea because her pronunciation is extra adorable.  Another word she uses frequently is cozy.  Cozy is a concept so I'm surprised she knows it so well and loves it so much. She says "Gamma?" frequently.  I think she just wants to know if I am still here visiting but I can't get enough of that word.  "Cue Me," (excuse me) is something she says after she toots.  We left the house to go for a bike ride.  She reminded me of her helmet six times before I comprehended the word helmet. My eyes widened when she went to the fridge and asked for a drink of latte' kefir.  Who says latte' kefir?  She does, that is who. We were going through her toys and I said, "Oh, alpaca!"  She corrects me with "Llama."  We were walking through Ikea and I heard her ask, "funnel?" We were walking past a display of funnels. I was so impressed she could say funnel that I told her, "Girl!  You put the fun in funnel!"  I ask her when the baby is coming.  "Soon!" is her answer.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...