Sunday, January 21, 2018

Another Impulsive Decision

One day earlier this week I had a choice to make. What shall I do today? My sinuses are thanking me but my thighs are complaining about the decision to remove the carpeting from my bedroom and lay down another floor. As a home improvement project, I have to say this has been one of my most successful projects so far. I know that carpeting was there in 1990.  I found a penny near a heat register that was dated 1990.  Also 1990 is the year I moved in. It's possible this carpeting was laid in 1975. I am not sure. All that tan carpeting is gone, long gone. (My neighbor kindly took it because she likes to carpet her paths in the woods so she can walk barefoot in the summer).  All the padding is gone to the same neighbor (which turned out to be bright blue). The rubber backing attached to the blue carpeting had disintegrated into dust. Some of the rubber hunks litter my front sidewalk but I believe it is supposed to snow tonight so I can shovel it off tomorrow.  The rubber should add to my traction.  Dust, dust mites, dust balls, dust bunnies, dusty dirt, dirt, skin cells, spider webs, spiders, and doggone dusty dust have been evicted out of this room. The total cost for this project was less than $80 including tools. I saved big money! Pardon my humble bragging.  I used a kitchen knife and a pair of kids scissors on the black and white tile. I like the look of it. I feel like I am in a M,C. Escher bedroom now.

2 comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...