Saturday, January 27, 2018

WWGD?

I have had a Jiminy Cricket of a cold. Actually it is a relief to have a honest cold because I know what is wrong with me. I have been treating my cold as I imagine my grandmother Gertrude treated her colds. Steam helps a cold. Gertrude didn't have a membership at a health club but she might have used steam. Menthol helps a cold. Gertrude didn't have Vick's vabor rub but I do. Honey helps a cold.I don't know if Gertrude had honey but honey helps and is delicious on the lips. Hot tea helps a cold. I doubt Gertrude had Bigelow decaf green tea but I do. Hot packs help a cold. A bag of microwaved beans on the forehead helps a cold but Gertrude didn't have a microwave. Distraction helps a cold. Gertrude didn't have a salary position but she had a lot of distractions! Exercise helps a cold. I am sure Gertrude had plenty of exercise. If only I had Gertrude's gams! Coconut oil and vaseline help a cold. I doubt Gertrude had vaseline or coconut oil but maybe she used tractor oil? Parsley helps a cold. I doubt Gertrude had parsley but I could be wrong. Hot drinks help a cold. I hope Gertrude had hot drinks but hot veggie broth is to die for when I have a cold. Puffs Plus help a cold and I know Gertrude didn't have that! I have not taken my usual Dayquil,Nyquil or Afternoon Quil to fight this cold. So far I am winning (I think).

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...