Thursday, January 4, 2018

Security

On my last trip I made many trips to the airport: Minneapolis, Iceland, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Warsaw, Helsinki, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Iceland, and Minneapolis. That makes 11 trips to the airport. With artificial hips I get special treatment. I get physically searched. I wore a warm thick skirt so that must have made me look suspicious. Plus I have a battery under my skin for my spinal stimulator so I expect to be searched. But on airport stop #8, the one leaving Amsterdam, my eyes widened in surprise and I whispered to my child, "I think I may have been sexually assaulted." I was somewhat kidding but also not kidding. I was standing there with legs spread apart and arms out at  my sides while a five foot tall woman felt my arms and my legs. She lifted my skirt a little but not too much. All that didn't bother me. Only when she cupped my crotch and squeezed did the hair on the back of my neck go up. Two seconds later she did the same thing on the back side of me. Was she checking my gender? What could I do? I am standing in an airport with no shoes on.  My passport and all my belongings are on a conveyor belt out of my line of vision. I don't want to cause a scene. I want to get on my plane and go home. What would you do? I think I will take other modes of transportation for awhile.  Trains are nice. Greyhound Bus Lines tell me I can leave the driving to them.  Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...