Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Dreams Of Joy

I happened upon this book at the library and scooped it up not realizing I had already read the prequel named Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. As I listened to this book on CD it came to me that I already knew the sisters, Pearl and Joy. I knew the story of their escape from Shanghai to Los Angeles. Now Pearl is back in Red China? I was transported from the cold frozen tundra of Minnesota to Red China during the time of Mao Se Tung.  I actually forgot about all my Minnesota problems and became immersed in the Red China problems of communism and suppression of artists and famine. This. Was. A. Great. Book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...