Thursday, March 7, 2019

Eagles On The Nest

This afternoon on my commute home I saw the eagle sitting on the nest just off Highway 10 and Main Street near Lowe's.  During this year I have seen those eagles sitting in the tree that holds the nest but never on the nest. I had heard other people tell me it was on the nest and I did believe them.  It's just more fun to see it for  myself.  Other bird signs of spring include the romantic calls of the cardinals and black capped chickadees. The goldfinches are leaving their olive green feathers behind and regaining their canary yellow feathers. The crows are leaving the roost in Minneapolis and cavorting on street lights in Ramsey on my way to work. Soon I will see turkey vultures roosting near my house. When I heard a red winged blackbird call then I will know spring is here.  Come to think of it, I should really move that blue bird house near my bedroom window farther away from the bedroom window. After the first batch of blue birds has fledged the house wrens move in. The early morning singing of a house wren is not a pleasant sound to hear when I am trying to sleep. Well, moving the bird house will have to wait until the yard stick deep bank of snow melts and the ground thaws underneath it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...