Sunday, March 10, 2019

One Scoop At A Time

Today I spent two of my precious weekend hours shoveling the white precipitation so I could get my car out on the road. Unlike the dire weather reports we only got 6 inches instead of the predicted 18 and the snow was light instead of heavy. The forecast was for heavy, wet snow. The air temperature was warm enough that I soon worked up a sweat and had to take my coat off.  I shoveled in my snow pants and a sweatshirt.  As the black capped chickadees sang their love songs I answered. Just like eating an elephant, I took that driveway on one scoop at a time.  I used three different shovels to get the job done. That job is done. But, seriously folks, isn't this enough now?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...