Sunday, March 24, 2019

Two More Harbingers of Spring

This morning I woke early and I left to swim a few laps at the gym. I stopped to buy coffee at the McDonalds restaurant across Highway 10 from the Coon Rapids high school.  As I walked to my car with my large coffee I heard a red winged blackbird calling, "Tweeeee tweeee." So I drove down that service road along the highway that leads close to the eagle nest. I opened my windows to listen for the birds. I spotted a red winged blackbird male proudly displaying his red epaulets.  I came to the end of the road and turned back again. This time I heard (but did not see) a killdeer calling.  Yep! Spring is here. Even the birds confirm the fact that winter is over at last.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...