Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tyrannosaurus Rex Spotted In Local Neighborhood

Yesterday a tyrannosaurus rex was spotted. Here is a photo.  See it back there between the two sheds and beyond the chicken run? Granddaughter #1 was fascinated. She took me by the hand to see it. She held my hand tight and pulled me along saying, "Run Grandma, run."  This Grandma is unable to run but I can pretend to run by taking quick steps. We were both running toward the t rex when it turned and came toward us. Granddaughter turns around quickly and pulls me by the hand saying, "This way Grandma. I will save you!" While we are running around the yard the chickens who live in this yard are absolutely panicked by this apparent predator. Feathers are flying and chickens are running for their lives. The combination of excitement, joy and fear was a cathartic release.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...