Friday, February 14, 2020

MIA

Today I had some free time. The weather was too cold to be outside. So I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. As I walked four blocks to get into the building I remembered the time I brought Offspring #1 and his cousin there. I think they were three years old; possibly four. As we walked through the paintings and statues I heard them repeating the same word over and over, "Naked!" Here is a photo of a Reubens.

I think I could come here every day for two weeks and get something new out of the experience. Here is a Georgia O'Keefe. Every patron today was given a six inch red heart. We were told to place it by our favorite work of art. I put my heart by a statue of Eros; also known as Cupid.

This is a Frank Lloyd Wright chair. The Institute has a big showing now of Japanese and Chinese and Korean art. Today I also saw a Picasso, a Salvador Dali and Mondrian. Walking through the three floors of this art museum was a great way to spend a cold winter day.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...