Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Dutch House

I got lucky when I rented The Dutch House by Ann Patchett from the cloud library. I was unaware until I started listening that the book is read by  Tom Hanks. I love being read to and being read to by Tom Hanks is even better. Most of the story is narrated by the brother who lived in the Dutch House so it makes sense to have it read by a man. I loved this book (and Tom's voice) so much I am going to listen to it twice before I have to return it to the cloud library

2 comments:

PCRalph said...

Tom Hanks does have a good voice. Who would have guessed that a guy who got his start in a show like "Bosom Buddies" would have such a wonderful career!

Sue said...

Well, when he reads the number of the chapters I think he sounds like he did in the movie "Big." LOL

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...