Saturday, February 22, 2020

Trains

Yesterday was such a nice day I decided to go for a long walk in north east Minneapolis. I walked all the way to Stinson Boulevard and home again. The walk east was easier than the walk west because the water on the sidewalks started to freeze on the way home. I made the walk without falling or freezing and I actually enjoyed walking past each residence. I tried to imagine what these homes would look like in July. I tried to imagine who lived in each house. At my old house I saw trains all the time. Each freight train had about 120 cars. Amtrack and commuter trains were a welcome shorter wait for me in my car. Where I live now I don't have to wait for trains because the trains go over the road on bridges. The trains here are all freight trains and they go along at a slow speed. In this picture two trains are traveling in opposite directions. Many of the cars were tank cars and some were container cars. As the trains ambled away to their unknown destinations I proceeded carefully to my destination comforted by the sounds of the trains moving slowly down the tracks.

1 comment:

PCRalph said...

You know that as a train fan I'd enjoy that location. :) There is still something even in today's modern world about the horn and rumble that seem comforting in a strange way.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...