Friday, February 21, 2020

Little Green

I picked up this book at the library attracted by the cover. When I started reading Walter Mosley's novel, Little Green, I didn't know it was a mystery nor a series. If I knew those things I would not have picked it up. But since I started it I was drawn into the character of Easy Rawlins. Easy is a complicated person. He is a private detective who does not take good care of himself. He is both good and bad. I surely would not want him as an enemy but I'm not sure I would want him as a friend either. Little Green is a teenager who goes missing. Easy Rawlins goes above and beyond the call of duty to rescue this poor boy. The book has violence in it which I do not like but it wasn't gratuitous violence or overly graphic violence. The story takes place on the Sunset Strip in California at a time when muscle cars were the fashion and long before cell phones were invented. I enjoyed reading about the area and the 1960's. I enjoyed learning more about the race relations. I am not interested in reading the other books about Easy Rawlins.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...