Monday, April 5, 2021

First Daffodils

 

 
This weekend I saw my first daffodils of the season. These yellow beauties were located on the sunny side of the Fort Snelling chapel. From there we took a walk down the steep river bank and crossed a bridge over a fork of the Minnesota River to Pike Island. We walked the length of Pike Island down to the tip closest to Saint Paul and back again. Sunday was a beautiful day for a walk. I could have worn shorts and a short sleeved shirt but I didn't bring any. We saw some bald eagles and mallards and cardinals but not many other birds. I heard chorus frogs singing and that was a welcome sound to my ears. Spring is my favorite season. 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...