Monday, April 5, 2021

First Daffodils

 

 
This weekend I saw my first daffodils of the season. These yellow beauties were located on the sunny side of the Fort Snelling chapel. From there we took a walk down the steep river bank and crossed a bridge over a fork of the Minnesota River to Pike Island. We walked the length of Pike Island down to the tip closest to Saint Paul and back again. Sunday was a beautiful day for a walk. I could have worn shorts and a short sleeved shirt but I didn't bring any. We saw some bald eagles and mallards and cardinals but not many other birds. I heard chorus frogs singing and that was a welcome sound to my ears. Spring is my favorite season. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...