Thursday, April 29, 2021

Series Of Fortunate Events

 Today was a whole series of fortunate events. I brought my car to the dealer for service. The tire pressure monitoring light stays on all the time even though all the tires have full pressure. I am told the diagnostic cost will be $125. I agree to that and sit outside on the sidewalk to wait because it is a beautiful day. I don't even need to wear a coat. After twenty minutes my car is done. They washed it too. My computer needed to be reset to fix the problem. I asked him to show me how to do that in case I ever needed it again and he showed me. I go to pay the bill and learn there is no charge. No charge! Sweet. I go for a long walk along the shore. I get home right before supper time. In my mailbox I find a package and two letters. I open the package. A friend sent me a thank you note and a small gift; one of those Finnish kitchen cloths that are compostable when you are done with them. This one has a picture of a beautiful sunflower on it. That was nice and unexpected. The first letter is from some company I never heard of telling me my health insurance has a benefit I didn't know about. So that was good news. The second letter is from the IRS. I worry. Who gets good news from the IRS? Son-of-gun! I am getting another stimulus check. This is good news. This whole day has been one good thing happening after another. I am going to enjoy it while I can.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...