In The End Of The Day by Bill Clegg, six people are described. Jackie, Dana, Alice, Lupita, Floyd and Hap tell their story. At the beginning of the book I had no idea that their lives intersected. By the end I learn that all of their stories were tied to each other. The end of the story takes place on one day when a few of the characters meet for the first time in over fifty years. I was very interested in the story of a taxi driver in Hawaii, a widow in Connecticut, a new father in Pennsylvania and a wealthy recluse in New York City had to do with each other. Sometimes we make choices in life that have long term consequences. Assumptions, misunderstandings, and hurt feelings can fester when people don't talk things out or when they hide the truth. This author is a masterful storyteller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Night In Brooklyn
Xochitl Gonzalez is the author of Last Night In Brooklyn . This fiction story is about a young woman living in Brooklyn after college. The a...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...

No comments:
Post a Comment