Thursday, March 3, 2022

Fox Squirrels

Today I went to the Arboretum in Chaska. My good friend has a membership. We hiked the paved trails. We chased four turkeys when we walked through the sculpture garden - not on purpose. The turkeys just wanted to avoid us. We visited the indoor gardens. I realized it is difficult to smell the spring flowers while wearing a mask. We stopped for a light lunch in the café. As we sat near the windows we watched the chickadees, cardinals, nuthatches and red polls feeding. We also saw some squirrels but these squirrels were larger than red and gray squirrels. These were fox squirrels. I don't think I ever recognized a fox squirrel before. Here is a picture of two of them. One is on the ground next to the feeder and the other one is clinging to the side of the bird feeding platform.

Here is a zoomed in picture of the fox squirrel. The arboretum is an interesting place to visit

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...