Sunday, March 6, 2022

Mill City Museum

 

Here is the view of the Mississippi River from the 9th floor of the Mill City Museum. I came here 7 years ago and the exhibits were basically all the same. I enjoyed looking at the old mill equipment and the advertising from years ago. I am not particular about the flour I buy. Today I learned the difference between regular flour and unbleached flour. All flour would turn white if left to settle for a couple weeks before it is bagged. Since the manufacturers don't want to wait 3 weeks, they treat the flour with chemicals to turn it white. Chlorine was once used to bleach flour. Now other chemicals are used to speed up the natural process of bleaching. I am glad I always buy unbleached flour. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...