Friday, March 25, 2022

Viral

 I don't recommend you read Viral, the latest medical thriller by the prolific author Robin Cook. The virus in this story is eastern equine encephalitis which is spread by mosquitoes. In this story a family of three goes to Cape Cod. While picnicking on the beach a mosquito bites the wife. She comes down with flu like symptoms. The husband brings her to the hospital. The story is about the virus but also the huge hospital bills and the poor health insurance plans that refuse to pay for treatment. The dialogue is wooden. The story was melodramatic and predictable. I already knew that our health care system is broken and I didn't appreciate the author lecturing me on this point over and over again.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...