Saturday, March 12, 2022

Conversations With Friends

Sally Rooney wrote Conversations With Friends. This novel is set in Dublin. A pair of college students/friends, Frances and Bobbi, meet a married couple. Frances and Bobbi do poetry readings together and Melissa has come to complete a photographic essay on their work. Melissa invites Bobbi and Frances to her home where they meet her friends and also her husband, Nick. The four of them become involved and go on vacation together in France. The writing was good and the dialogue was great but, honestly, I disliked Frances and Bobbi and Melissa and Nick. All of the characters in this story were selfish, self-absorbed, and, at times, mean. This novel is going to me presented as a television series on Hulu. I don't think I would like to watch it. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...