Saturday, March 19, 2022

Cloud Cuckoo Land

Years ago I read All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and I loved it. I just finished his 2021 novel, Cloud Cuckoo Land, and I didn't like it as much as the other book. This story was about a Greek story. Characters from the 1500's, near Constantinople, 2021, in Idaho, and from the future, around 2200, in space all decipher and read the same Greek story. The Greek story is about a shepherd who is turned into a donkey, a fish, and finally a crow. Reading this story involves six points of view which can be confusing. Despite the confusion, I kept reading until the very end.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...