Saturday, August 6, 2022

A Sunlit Weapon

 When I borrowed A Sunlit Weapon by Jacqueline Winspear I didn't know I was reading the 17th in a series of books about the psychologist/private investigator Maisie Dobbs. I probably wouldn't have chosen this book if I knew that but it all worked out in the end. The story is set near London during World War II. A young aviator named Jo Hardy is piloting a spitfire plane from one airport to another. Along the way Jo decided to fly the plane under a railroad bridge. As she passes a farm she sees a man firing a gun at her plane. Jo asks Maisie to investigate. Two days later a different female pilot crashes at the very same location. I enjoyed learning about the female pilots used during the war. This was an interesting historical fiction.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...