Monday, August 22, 2022

The Maid

I really enjoyed reading The Maid by Nita Prose. I read that this story will be turned into a movie starring Florence Pugh in the starring role of Molly who is the maid. Molly works at a five star hotel. She is 25 and has always lived with her Grandma. Grandma helped Molly interpret others. In my opinion Molly is neurodivergent because she has quite a few autistic behaviors. Now that Molly's Grandma has died, Molly is on her own. Molly loves to clean and tries to do a great job. She feels proud wearing her black and white uniform. She takes pride in returning each hotel room to "a state of perfection." One day she goes to clean a room and finds a hotel guest dead in his bed. Because her reactions to the police investigator are so odd, she becomes a prime suspect in the case. I really enjoyed reading about Molly and I think this story will do well on screen too.


 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...