Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Primary

 Today is primary day here in Duluth and I worked as an election judge at First Lutheran Church on Superior Street. We registered 35 new voters and had a total of 251 ballots cast. Traffic was slow but steady all day. Everyone was friendly. One of our judges was friendly and also not so friendly at times. If people tried to cast their ballot at the machine for blind people instead of the voting machine, she was say, "Uh uh uh uh uh."  She sounded like a parent scolding a toddler. I would say, "Excuse me, the machine you want is over here." She got irritated off and on throughout the day. One of the other election judges (not me) must have rubbed her the wrong way because it was obvious she didn't like her. We all saw it. Anyway it all worked out in the end and we posed for a photo when the night was over. My civic duty is now complete and I am exhausted.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...