Monday, August 8, 2022

Beautiful World, Where Are You?

 Sally Rooney wrote Beautiful World, Where Are You? The fiction novel is set in Dublin and involves two couples, Eileen and Simon, Alice and Felix. Eileen and Simon, as a couple, makes sense to me. Why Alice puts up with Felix is beyond me. Eileen and Alice have been friends since childhood. In between visits they write each other long emails about their activities and also about their thoughts on beauty, life, and consumerism. What I didn't like about the book is the incredible amount of detail into mundane things such as opening a front door. Should opening a front door take six sentences? If the details were important to the plot, I could understand but they weren't important, they were boring. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...