Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Just Like Mother

I don't like dolls. I think many dolls are creepy. I also don't like horror stories. So I have no idea why I borrowed and then read Just Like Mother by Anne Heltzel. This book was full of horror and creepiness but I was compelled to read it to the end. When Maeve was 8 she fled the cult she lived in. She was close to her cousin Andrea. When the cult was investigated and shut down, Maeve was adopted by a nice family and she never heard from Andrea again. She tried to make a normal life for herself working in the publishing world in New York City. She was curious about Andrea so she did a DNA test with 23&Me and eventually they got in touch. And that is when the horror started. If you like horror and creepy dolls, this is the book for you.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...