Sunday, November 13, 2022

Angel of Hope

 

Today I took my exercise walking the Lakewalk along Lake Superior.  Waves are mesmerizing to me. I can watch waves come in for a long time. I decided to take a little detour and investigate this statue which is near the Rose Garden. This is a memorial statue called the Angel of Hope. A group of grieving parents got together and decided they needed a place to remember their deceased child and heal. The parents raised the funds themselves. I think they had a wonderful idea. So far I have not lost my children and I hope I get to depart first. I can't imagine the pain of loosing a child.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...