Sunday, November 20, 2022

Christmas Bird Count


 This evening my master naturalist group had a zoom meeting about the Christmas bird count. A guy named Jim from Two Harbors spoke for almost an hour about how much fun he has. He compiles the lists in Two Harbors but also goes with his family on New Years to do the Christmas bird count in Isabella. The one in Isabella has fewer plowed roads so cross country skiing is involved. There is a Christmas bird count in Duluth and I have the contact information for that. Or I could go to Fredenburg, the Sax-Zim bog, or Cloquet. I have lots of choices. I  have gone before and had fun so maybe I should try it again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...