Monday, December 12, 2022

Banana Roots

 So as I was leaving the house today I got a call from an unknown number in my area code that said "health care." For some reason I answered the call and am I glad I did. I have known I needed a root canal since August. I tried to get one in September from my dentist but he was unsuccessful because of my banana shaped roots have small canals and the roots have calcified with age. He said he could pull it or I could get a second opinion. He also warned me not to wait because pain and swelling will come and it's going to hurt. I know this dentist went to school and I paid him for his professional opinion but I ignored him anyway. I kept telling myself that I had a perfectly good tooth that didn't even hurt. Guess what? About six weeks ago I started feeling a pressure near that tooth. I tried to ignore it but every day I felt a little more pressure. So I decided to get a second opinion. I found a dentist in Duluth. He said I needed a root canal and he would recommend his neighbor, the endodontist. I made an appointment with the endodontist for Thursday afternoon. I am glad I got in today because a boat load of snow is coming to town and I might not have been able to drive on Thursday. Turns out this endodontist is a very nice guy who went to Anoka High School. He got a job working with a dentist in Anoka. He and his brother cleaned up the dentist's parking lot and office. The dentist became his mentor and encouraged him to attend dental school. He saved my tooth. I have always dreaded a root canal because I have heard stories from other people but this really wasn't so bad. And now I have a tooth that is worth more than $1384.67. He even called me an hour later to see how I was doing. Who does that anymore?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...