Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Mercury


 Check out these impressive icicles at my dentist's office. I think they look awesome. So my dentist told me that he talked with a patient employed by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. The patient told the dentist that most of the mercury pollution in Minnesota, a surprising amount, comes from dental work. If people are cremated the mercury goes up the chimney. When people are buried the mercury gets into the soil. Small amounts of mercury are released in vapor in your breath and small amounts get into your bloodstream. Interesting, it it not? I never though of this before. Some of my fillings from Dr. Raykowski are more than six decades old so I guess he did pretty well for a guy with such thick fingers.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...