Saturday, December 31, 2022

Sherlocking Around

Early in December I decided to spend my birthday at the Minnesota History Center. I haven't been there for years and I always enjoy this place. This year they had a Sherlock Holmes exhibit. I have been a fan of Alfred Conan Doyle since I was a child. The Hound of the Baskervilles is my favorite. I jumped right in to solve this crime by studying the blood splatter and shape of the seed pod.

I got my book stamped at Scotland Yard, ballistics, telegraph, cosmetics, botany, optics and lenses. This was fun!

Offspring #2 came to the correct conclusion. I did not because I couldn't be bothered to put my reading glasses on. Whatevs, I still had fun.

I was quite surprised to see the  name of my Uncle on the wall! And his youngest child didn't even know he was up there amongst "The Greatest Generation." This is quite an honor!

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...