Thursday, December 29, 2022

Making A List

Despite making a list and checking it thrice, I still managed to forget to bring my computer to Offspring #2's home on Dec. 24. Here is a picture of an athletic tortoise at Como Conservatory. This tortoise was breaking speed records in it's enclosure. By the way, all the tortoises at Como are named for shoes. Over 20 tortoises have names such as Nike, Adidas and Sketcher. The zoologists mark their shells with nail polish to tell them apart.



Xmas did not go according to plan. Offspring #1 and family drove the 90 minutes to the airport in Baltimore twice without getting on a plane. They were told landing in Minneapolis was the problem. Oh, well, we all try to make the best of a disappointing situation. Here is the sloth hanging out. The sloth's right arm is hanging onto the branch.

White and green are the colors of the flower show this year. As I walked through I kept humming (quietly) "Here Comes The Bride." I stopped at Como after mailing packages to Pennsylvania and delivering Xmas cookies and candy to Offspring #1's father-in-law's condo. I also picked up gifts for myself which are much appreciated. Right now I am wearing new wool socks. Each sock is specified for my right and left foot. According to the package, if the socks wear out I can get new ones sent to me. Somehow that doesn't seem fair to the company but the socks are very comfy and warm.

I love bonsai trees. If I didn't travel so much I might give it a try.

I think the Como Conservatory might be my favorite place on this planet.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...