Friday, December 30, 2022

Coal In My Stocking


 I decided to bring my Xmas stockings to Minneapolis in order to make the place more festive. Offspring #2 and I hung them up on her chicken hanging rack. I neglected to buy stocking stuffers so we scrounged around looking for smallish items to put in everyone's stockings. We had Clementines and oranges are traditional in Xmas stockings. We found silly gifts like a pink beer cap opener that read "Girl Power" for Offspring #1. Offspring #2 found this chunk of charcoal which can also be an underarm deodorant. I thought I might like to try an underarm deodorant that doesn't come in plastic so I took that and put it in my stocking. Later we learned Offspring #1 wasn't going to be able to come. As we emptied the stockings, Offspring #2 remarks, "You do realize you got a chunk of coal in your stocking this Xmas?" Golly, we laughed so hard. Via Offspring #2's Instagram information, I learned of a brilliant Xmas gift that one of my nephews gave one of my nieces. He bought the gift. He wrapped the gift. He submerged the gift in water. He froze the gift in the back yard. He presented the frozen gift to her. She had to melt the gift before opening the package. What does she find inside the Xmas gift from her brother? Wait for it, you will laugh, this is hilarious, that man is a genius, I wish I had thought of this myself, he knows her so well, a tiny toy violin. LOL!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...