Monday, April 17, 2023

Happy National Haiku Day

Last poetry class

He's an excellent reader

His words come alive!


Today was my last poetry class. This class was only 4 weeks long. The teacher is a published poet and he is excellent. He teaches ethics and theology. I can read poetry, especially prose, and think, "Meh." But when he reads the poetry to me, to us, I love poetry. Obviously he enjoys reading poetry aloud. Not all poets like to read their work aloud. Not all poets are good readers. Our class tried to convince him to offer the class again in the fall for the full 8 weeks. Maybe we convinced him. I hope so.



 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...