Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Rosehip Tea

 Last summer I filled my pockets with wild rose hips as I walked along country roads. I made sure to pick only wild rose hips where I hadn't seen any dogs peeing. Once home I emptied my pockets of the rose hips and set them on a cookie sheet in my den. I covered the rose hips with a clean dish towel. I used some of the rose hips to infuse into coconut oil for my beauty routine. I used some rosehips with apple cider vinegar and honey to make a medicinal dressing for salads. I have 3 cups of dried rose hips in my pantry. Today I used a tablespoon of rose hips in a tight mesh bag inside a tea pot. I poured two cups of scalding water over the rose hips. I   allowed the tea to steep for five minutes. I added a tiny bit of honey and now I am drinking the tea which tastes pretty good.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...