Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Physics

About a third of the class on Albert Einstein showed up today because, yet again, we are having a blizzard. This was my view from the city bus window as it pulled away from the curb at 4:25 p.m. I was happy to be   on a bus today because many cars are sideways on the road. I had my warmest winter boots, leggings, a wool skirt to my ankles, a fleece jacket under a long wool coat, my warmest mittens, wool hat, and two scarves plus a face mask. I had all this on while on the bus. I watched a college student get off the stop ahead of mine. She was wearing tennis shoes, had bare ankles, leggings, a winter coat, and no  hat and no mittens. I used to be like her but not anymore. By the way, physics is hard. Some of the information went over my head like a snow flake in a blizzard. Next week we are studying the theory of relativity so I think that session might be more difficult than this one. Classes tomorrow are cancelled. No international folk dance for me unless I do it at home.

 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...