Friday, February 27, 2009

Don't

I was talking with a friend of mine today who works at a golf course. She told me that times are hard for golf courses. "Because it's winter?" I asked. She said golf courses aren't open in the winter but with the economy in such bad condition, some people will see golf as a luxury rather than a weekly recreational routine. Plus the cost of petroleum has gone up raising the cost of fertilizer for the greens. Golf courses use massive quantities of fertilizer, she said. "Fertilizer is petroleum based?" I asked. She said it was. I figured golf courses would not be using sheep manure on the greens but I did not know fertilizer was made from petroleum. She works at a golf course in the northern suburbs. She said they put up signs when they fertilize warning people to beware. Customers ask what the signs mean. The standard answer is, "Don't lick your balls."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...