Thursday, February 26, 2009

Goals for 2009




Last year I set a goal of seeing a sand hill crane. I saw several. Bird goals worked for me last year so I'm setting them again this year. I want to see a horned lark and an owl. I know horned larks are in my town. One of my Master Naturalists saw one perched on top of city hall. I know barred owls are in my neighborhood because I hear them talking at night. They have a sentence that sounds like, "No soup for you." Sometimes they end it with a loud crawk. Wish me luck in accomplishing my bird goals. I read the mergansers are back and I wouldn't mind seeing one of those too.

.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...