Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hit Me With Your Best Shot


Dear Winter,
We are through. I am dumping you. You've dumped on me and now I'm dumping you. I've had it. Two inches here. Two inches there. Do you think it's been fun for me shoveling the walk and driving on this stuff? There are portions of blacktop on 164th Lane that have not seen the sun since early December. You've made it deathly cold. It's been so cold that 20 degrees felt warm to me and 20 degrees is NOT WARM. My refrigerator is twice as warm as 20 degrees and the refrigerator isn't warm either. I don't know why I've put up with you as long as I have. I have a plane ticket to San Diego and I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm out of here. Don't contact me. I never want to see you again.
Sincerely,
Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do know you have to come back, right?

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...