Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Kind of Cosmic Horse Laugh Is This?

All week long I had been anticipating with great joy a party last night. My youngest sibling was being treated to a surprise birthday party for a significant year and I could not wait to go. This sibling, a quick witted teaser of great renown, was going to get his comeuppance and I was going to be there to witness it. Karma was going to bite his teasing a$$. I had emptied my memory card on my camera so I could record this event. I had made enough cookies for an army. Everything was loaded and in the car when my body took me hostage. True, I had warnings. I fended them off with pepto-bismol tablets and a positive attitude. Despite all that, the digestive system became a literal and figurative party pooper. I tried. We even got in the car and drove two blocks before I had to quickly turn around and run into the house. I even contemplated packing extra pants and underwear when the realization hit me, I wasn't going to be able to go. What kind of cosmic horse laugh is this? RATS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Loves Fools and Drunks....I am not sure where I heard that but It seems to be true. I am a Fool and after four beers I may have been both. I hope you are feeling better. I brought a book for you but am letting someone else read it first. Will get it to you later. The Book is:
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance is a memoir by President of the United States Barack Obama. It was first published in 1995 after Obama was elected the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, but before his political career began. The book was re-released in 2004 following Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention (DNC); the 2004 edition includes a new introduction by Obama, then a Senator-elect, as well as his DNC keynote address.

Anonymous said...

Who is a fool?

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...