Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Kind of Cosmic Horse Laugh Is This?

All week long I had been anticipating with great joy a party last night. My youngest sibling was being treated to a surprise birthday party for a significant year and I could not wait to go. This sibling, a quick witted teaser of great renown, was going to get his comeuppance and I was going to be there to witness it. Karma was going to bite his teasing a$$. I had emptied my memory card on my camera so I could record this event. I had made enough cookies for an army. Everything was loaded and in the car when my body took me hostage. True, I had warnings. I fended them off with pepto-bismol tablets and a positive attitude. Despite all that, the digestive system became a literal and figurative party pooper. I tried. We even got in the car and drove two blocks before I had to quickly turn around and run into the house. I even contemplated packing extra pants and underwear when the realization hit me, I wasn't going to be able to go. What kind of cosmic horse laugh is this? RATS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Loves Fools and Drunks....I am not sure where I heard that but It seems to be true. I am a Fool and after four beers I may have been both. I hope you are feeling better. I brought a book for you but am letting someone else read it first. Will get it to you later. The Book is:
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance is a memoir by President of the United States Barack Obama. It was first published in 1995 after Obama was elected the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, but before his political career began. The book was re-released in 2004 following Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention (DNC); the 2004 edition includes a new introduction by Obama, then a Senator-elect, as well as his DNC keynote address.

Anonymous said...

Who is a fool?

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...